Life on the Open Road

The continuing saga of a full-time RVer, who travels primarily in the West.

Friday, June 30, 2006

More on Glacier National Park






While visiting the park, we stayed in Whitefish, Montana. It’s a wonderful old railroad town, kind of old-fashioned. I felt like you could leave your door unlocked there.

I wanted to do some hiking up at the pass in the park, but there was still a lot of snow there. I did drive over the pass to Saint Mary Lake (picture #1). I then hiked 2 miles in to Avalanche Lake, which is at a lower elevation. Returning from the lake, a mule deer let me follow along behind him on the trail. He didn’t seem concerned about me at all. The third picture is of Lake McDonald, the largest lake in the park.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home