Life on the Open Road

The continuing saga of a full-time RVer, who travels primarily in the West.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Lakes, Moose, and a Waterfall




This morning I went up to the Many Glacier section of the park, and walked to a couple of lakes. At a lake near the Swiftcurrent Motor Inn, I saw 2 large bull moose. They were feeding on some kind of aquatic plant by dunking their heads under the water, grabbing something, then coming back up, and chewing.

I then went walking along Swiftcurrent Lake and Lake Josephine. Nice views, spectacular cloud formations, and pretty flowers. Amazingly, I ran into someone I knew–Chuck Januska, a member of WIN.

In the afternoon, I walked to St. Mary Falls. Quite impressive. The only thing I didn’t like was the fact that the trail went downhill first. That always makes me nervous.

Tonight I went to a ranger program at the campground. I didn’t know what it would be about, which was good. The program was entitled "Scat Happens," and contained way too much information. For example, you can recognize elk scat by its "nipple-dimple formation." Apparently, this is a popular subject in the park. The number-one best selling book in the Visitors Center is called "Who Pooped in the Park?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home