Life on the Open Road

The continuing saga of a full-time RVer, who travels primarily in the West.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Little Lakes Valley





Up the hill from Bishop, past Rock Creek Lake to the end of the road, is one of my favorite hikes, through the Little Lakes Valley. The trail goes past lake after lake with the beautiful Sierras as a backdrop. It starts at 10000 feet, and even though the trail doesn’t rise too much, it’s tough going. But according to my friend Lloyd, http://www.wandrin.us/serendipity , all my huffing and puffing was due to some kind of geologic uplift since the last time I was here. Well, thank goodness, I thought I was getting older!


We’re staying at Crowley Lake campground, with a view of the lake and beautiful sunsets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home