Life on the Open Road

The continuing saga of a full-time RVer, who travels primarily in the West.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

On the Road Again

Finally! My car and I are reunited. The final bill to the other guy’s insurance company will be about $10,000. We couldn’t wait to get out of Enumclaw, even though we had a very nice time there.


We went down the east side of Mt. St. Helens, which is a lovely, winding drive. The mountain was venting a little steam while I was there. It has been 26 years since the big eruption, and the surrounding forest is slowly recovering. I really enjoyed the stark dead tree trunks among the beautiful flowers.

We’re in Portland now. I have some roots here–my mother was born and raised here and my grandparents are buried here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home