Life on the Open Road

The continuing saga of a full-time RVer, who travels primarily in the West.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Mt. Ranier Hikes



On Thursday, I hiked part of the Skyline trail from the Paradise section of Mt. Ranier National Park. It’s a very steep hike; I climbed 1200 feet in a mile and a half. But I think this is the most beautiful hike I have ever done. You are so close to the mountain that it is hard to get it all in the picture, even with a 28mm lens. The flowers and wildlife were great. Saw lots of climbers, both going up and coming down. Most go with guides.


Then on Saturday, I hiked to Berkley Park from the Sunrise section of the Park. I had done this hike two years ago, and it was as good as I remembered. Spectacular wildflowers everywhere!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenipher said...

Realmente estoy sorprendida con la belleza de los paisajes... Debe ser inolvidable estar en algún lugar así...

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home